Are you a design student or a young designer? Are you interested in eco-design? The Maisons du Monde Sustainable Creation Awards are just for you.
Rewarding talented students and young designers and ensuring the promotion of eco-design is a matter of pride and a major ambition for Maisons du Monde. On the strength of the three past events that saw the emergence of genuine talent and exceptional products, the Sustainable Creation Awards are back in 2020 for an event placed under the sign of Maisons du Monde style, meaning that they can become part of our collections and that are original.
Eco-design, a major challenge in design today and in the future
Accompanied by its 6 partners (the eco-organisations Eco-mobilier and Eco TLC, the association FSC France, the consultancy firm EVEA, the ADEME, the Fondation pour la Nature et l’Homme, and the DIY and interior design magazine Marie-Claire Idées), our brand wants to raise awareness about eco-design among the public and designers of the future. Training of buyers, taking into account of the sustainable management of wood, identification of sustainable products in order to sell them, etc., strong commitments by Maisons du Monde which are highlighted naturally by these Awards and the promotion of young talent.
Students and young graduates from French design and fashion schools are invited to ask themselves: What is eco-design for furniture and decoration products? How to each include it in each step of the product's life cycle How to innovate in order to reduce the impact on the environment and preserve the beauty of the product? All questions which 152 students from 17 schools have already asked themselves since the creation of the Maisons du Monde Sustainable Creation Awards in 2016. Among them, winners who have changed their way of working in order to offer innovative projects. Some, such as Toscan Giri from ESADSE Saint-Etienne with his Diane bench/daybed, have been rewarded by their project being marketed by Maisons du Monde.
Four exceptional prizes
- The “Furniture” prize: a €2,500 cheque, the chance of a work placement with the Maisons du Monde Designer teams, and the creation of the prototype.
- The “Decoration and household linen” category: a cheque for €2,500€, the chance of a work placement with the Maisons du Monde Designer teams and the creation of the prototype.
- A FSC® France special prize: Maisons du Monde FSC® certified furniture worth €600.
- The “Like it” public award: all of the preselected projects will be presented on the Facebook Maisons du Monde page. The project that receives the most “likes” will be awarded €500 in Maisons du Monde vouchers.
Not to mention that the rewarded projects will also be produced by Maisons du Monde!
How to participate in the Maisons du Monde Sustainable Creation Awards?
And here are some useful links in order to complete your application...
- Eco-design of textile products
Environmental evaluation of your product
End of life/recycling
- End--of-life recycling of furniture
- The Eco-furniture guide “Innovation & eco-design with a view to recycling”
- The state of the textile recycling sector
Responsible management of FSC forests