Further to the success of the first edition, Maisons du Monde and its partners are launching the second edition of the Sustainable Creation Awards from 2 November 2017 to 31 January 2018!
In partnership with the eco-organisations Eco-mobilier and Eco-TLC, the association FSC France, the sustainability consulting firm EVEA, and with the participation of ADEME and the Foundation for Nature and Mankind, the aim of these Awards is to promote the young talents of the future, initiate a change in behaviour by raising awareness on eco-design, place sustainable management of wood at the centre of the product offering and identify sustainable products in order to sell them.
Students or young graduates from French design and fashion schools are invited to study the eco-design of furniture and decorative products (all materials, including textiles), including the product life cycle steps (choice of materials, transport, end of life) and innovate to reduce the environmental impacts without compromising on style.
What are the prizes?
- One winner for the "Furniture" category and one winner for the "Decoration and household linen" category: a cheque of €2500, an internship with the Designer teams at the Maisons du Monde head office and creation of the prototype.
- A special FSC® France prize: Maisons du Monde FSC-certified furniture worth €600.
- An "I like it" people's choice prize: all short-listed projects will be posted on the Maisons du Monde Facebook page. The project receiving the most "likes" will win Maisons du Monde vouchers to the value of €500.
The winning items could be commercialised by Maisons du Monde, within the framework of partnerships to be set up between Maisons du Monde and the winner(s).
How to take part?
- Eco-design of textile products
Environmental assessment of your product
End of life/recycling
- Recycling of furniture at end of life
- The Eco-mobilier guide "Innovation & éco-conception en vue du recyclage" (Innovation & eco-design for recycling)
- State of the art in the textile recycling sector
FSC responsible forest management